- Call to demand immediate payment.
- Demand payment and not allow an appeal of the amount owed.
- Require taxes be paid in a certain way. For instance, require payment with a prepaid debit card.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
- Threaten to bring in police or other agencies to make an arrest for unpaid taxes.
Tags: consumer alert, fake IRS calls, scam consumers, Leslie Rutledge, Arkansas Attorney General To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". This site is an Outreach of the ARRA News Service.