One of several provisions proposed to be repealed by the federal legislation is Obamacare Medicaid Expansion.
Meanwhile back in Arkansas:
- Governor Asa Hutchinson is proposing a seven point plan to keep Arkansas as an Obamacare Medicaid Expansion state while changing the name of Arkansas' version from the "Private Option" to "Arkansas Works."
- Arkansas' Health Reform Legislative Task Force, will soon be making its recommendations on how to keep Medicaid Expansion. The task force was established with the primary duty to recommend how to continue Medicaid Expansion after 2016. A majority of its members voted for Obamacare Medicaid expansion (Private Option) in 2013 or 2014.
Arkansas' Establishment Republicans have a vision problem. In supporting the optional Obamacare program and claiming it to be the Republican thing to do:
- They overlook two of the ten principles of the Arkansas Republican Party: "INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY AND INITIATIVE" and "INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM AND LIBERTY SECURED BY A LIMITED GOVERNMENT"
- They overlook the fact that in the in Arkansas' 2014 elections it was the candidates who promised to fight Obamacare Medicaid expansion who led the way. Even a highly funded architect of Arkansas' Medicaid Expansion was defeated by an underfunded political outsider who promised to fight against the program.
- They overlook Arkansas' congressional delegation which is working to end Obamacare.
- They overlook the increasing resolve of the Republicans across the country to end Obamacare, as shown by the U.S. Senate passing a bill to repeal Medicaid Expansion and other parts of Obamacare.
- They overlook the fact that in all twenty states that still do not have Obamacare Medicaid Expansion, there is either a Republican governor or at least one house of their legislature which is controlled by Republicans.
Debbie Pelley is Retired Arkansas Teacher of 27 years. She is presently a grassroots citizen activist, researcher and writer who advocates for Arkansans and for transparent and limited government. She is a contribution author on the ARRA News Service. and this site.
Tags: Debbie Pelley, U.S. Senate Votes, Repeal Obamacare, Arkansas To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". This site is an Outreach of the ARRA News Service.