Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Griffin: We Must Protect Seniors, Address Debt, Encourage Job Creation

Rep. Tim Griffin
LITTLE ROCK – Congressman Tim Griffin (AR-02) issued the following statement in response to the release of the President’s fiscal year 2013 budget request to Congress:

“Once again the President has missed an opportunity to address our country’s debt crisis. Like budgets he’s presented in the past, this one raises taxes, punts on much-needed reforms, spends too much and puts us deeper in debt.  Worse, it would allow critical programs like Medicare and Social Security to continue their march toward bankruptcy. That’s unacceptable – and that’s why I will continue to fight for bold solutions that protect our seniors, tackle our debt and encourage private-sector job creation.”

Tags: Washington, D.C., US House, Tim Griffin, Protect Seniors, Address Debt, Job Creation, presidents budget

7 comments:

C Alexander White said...

Tim Griffin's vote to raise the debt limit, his vote for NDAA, and his cosponsorship of SOPA rates him an utter failure in my book. If Republicans can't be honest and criticize other Republicans when they are RINOs, then the Party will not survive the lack of integrity.

Helen Kistler said...

"If Republicans can't be honest and criticize other Republicans when they are RINOs, then the Party will not survive the lack of integrity." -- Agreed.

Bill Smith said...

Agree, we all have opinion on different issues. But what about his statement: We Must Protect Seniors, Address Debt, Encourage Job Creation. Do you agree or not?

Helen Kistler said...

I don't think the government needs to encourage job creation; all they need to do is stop discouraging job creation. I agree with Ron Paul that we need to cut government to fit the Constitution and to fit the revenue. I think we should protect seniors, but I have met people who don't think they should have to take care of someone else's parents or grandparents. I haven't seen Tim Griffin's numbers, but I read an interesting article on Social Security: http://conservativebyte.com/2011/07/your-social-security-check-will-go-out-unless-obama-orders-it-not-to/

Helen Kistler said...

"Must" protect seniors? I think we should, but I have met people who don't agree with me. I have stopped supporting Ron Paul for President, but I believe that his plan to cut government spending to fit the constitution and to fit taxation is the best plan. I don't think the government needs to encourage job creation, all they need to do is stop discouraging it.

C Alexander White said...

Sure I agree, but I disagree with the method Mr. Griffin uses to do so.

Helen Kistler said...

"Must" protect seniors? I think we should, but I have met people who don't agree with me. I have stopped supporting Ron Paul for President, but I believe that his plan to cut government spending to fit the constitution and to fit taxation is the best plan. I don't think the government needs to encourage job creation, all they need to do is stop discouraging it.